Monday, April 14, 2014

Break through day!!!!

This was the day I had been waiting and hoping for--sensitive and responsive on the ground--starting to feel so much more of a connection. BA watched today and was impressed with that and her lovely relaxed quality trot.

I felt this was the first day Nicky really relaxed. Because BA was going to rode her (and she said right off that Nicky is safe for me to ride), she watched my warmup ground Parelli ground play and was very impressed with how much Nicky was watching me and responding i.e. circling game responding to my energy.

We played most of the games and explained them to BA: extreme friendly, porcupine to move the FQ, and moving HQ from a look. Also BA thought her backing was great--and it is better. Circling--Nicky would make walk/trot/canter transitions up and down from the lightest of cues and maintain gait nicely.

BA asked if she would sidepass and yes Nicky goes sideways away and toward and as brave as she is squeeze game is truly one of her best games.

Then BA rode her walk trot canter just a bit and then trotted around the ring. She loved how relaxed and pleasant that trot is--guess that is big for a hunter. BA did not even see the gorgeous suspension I saw yesterday.

Then we finished with a nice shower in the wash stall and treats.


Sara--please always feel free to comment. I am not sharing this blog with anyone but you and Dawn Roth, 3* Parelli instructor with whom I am doing phone coaching.

No comments:

Post a Comment