Today is a rainy day and happily a day off from the barn to catch up on stuff at home etc.
Anyway I woke up thinking about Nicky:
What is the perfect, ideal life for her? Would that be pursuing level 4 Parelli? Would that be excelling at a sport and is she that ambitious? Could that be fun for her or would that just be work? Would she prefer to be a weekend trail horse? Could she enjoy being a backyard pet?
What is realistic in providing a home? upper level Parelli students/instructors who are looking for a large pony as their levels horse? lower/mid level small adult Parelli students who want to play with some Parelli but mostly trail ride? A hunter career?
If I asked her what SHE wants, I am sure she would like to spend her life with Sara.
I think she would be happiest with someone with a lot of horsemanship from what I have seen--she needs good leadership and understanding--finesse. Yesterday was our best day and I think that is because she had BOTH Bethanna and I. Bethanna is so good with leadership and I understand horsenalities and Parelli games that Nicky loves.
Eventually I think she would love being at Rollover--almost all horses do. I remember the time I moved Try to another barn to be with Amy Haire so we could study Parelli together. Try NEVER settled and I had to move her back to Rollover where she was immediately happy again.
Then the next question is--is adding a second horse to improve my horsemanship in bringing along a young horse the best thing for me--a huge commitment I do not take lightly. Do I want an accomplished older horse to teach me instead? What is the best thing for my journey??? I don't know.
No comments:
Post a Comment