Monday, April 7, 2014

Monday

My plan for the day was variety, a sense of Jim Carrey fun, success for Nickers and help to settle in to life at Rollover.

We started with Nickers catching me in her pasture...love the draw she has. Then went to the ring...walking around it and admiring all the good looking geldings on either side.

Then looking for success with clearer, lighter cueing of HQ yields and backup. Just brushing up on things she knows. When we got a bit of success we went on to something else. Nickers was able to show me two front feet on the pedestal and then two back feet without any of the initial reticence Try might have shown.

Then to the barn for grooming...she got tired of it pretty quickly. Bethanna started pulling her mane and she was fine with it but not having her bridle path clipped or actually she wasn't thrilled about anything near her face while we were in grooming mode. This seemed to be left brain druthers not fear. I need to think about this.

Then we went out back so she could blow off some steam. Some circling and hq yield from a look and backup from a serious you-betttttter-do-it look from me. All good. Also for the first time...I thought she was invading my space so I kept making her stop six feet away until I invited her to come in. I kept reminding myself to laugh and make funny faces and let her know she was ok.

Then back to her pasture for some dwell time.

No comments:

Post a Comment