Today I was frustrated--I too tired and that does not work well--but I did not want to neglect her. Nicky wanted attention and I played with her but it felt more like I was playing at her. Sorry girl.
1. Teaching response to subtler cues for games we know isn't going well. I am not getting the idea across and Nicky is just making assumptions. Hmmmm--need to rethink and get her attention.
2. Actually attention was scattered as it was a tense weekend at the barn with visiting horses and most of the mares in season--lessons/visitors, etc.
3. I moved jump into her pasture as something to play with. Circling to the jump she just stopped and put her foot on it. LOL. Next time I think walk together over the jump.
4. Go to regular 22 foot rope--my light weight rope doesn't provide enough feel for her.
5. Circling--trot and canter but hard to get a walk but I think that was because of the atmosphere around the farm.
6. Try continues to jump her ditch to come be with Nickers.
No comments:
Post a Comment