TOP PRIORITY
Yes grooming, tieing, clippers and grooming her face are first priority. We discussed methods and I like Dawn's suggestions.Consistency, small pieces and bite-size chunks and release only on the improvement/relaxation/step toward the desired behavior.
LBE tendency to be bored and impatient with standing still. I want to increase the time she will happily stand tied. Good to ignore unwanted behavior and divert her attention--avoid getting into a fight. Be careful as smart as she is--if I release on the unwanted behavior I will only reinforce it.
Clippers--make them the sweet spot. (4.95 Walmart massage thing--use so the sound becomes associated with the good feeling.) Also consistency and baby steps.
Face: my plan massage and love her face and only lightly groom and maybe only a liberty out back as first steps. It is not fear but druthers.
Every day for progress. Hmm what is the weather report? Maybe go out about 2:00.
Other--see notes from earlier in the day.
No comments:
Post a Comment